Monday, September 10, 2007

Hate Minds Thug Alike UPDATED

Torturer In Chief meets his kind of guy.
This does not surprise me in the least, knowing what I know about the Decider. Though, according to one Bush-is-great-La-La-La_I-can't-hear-you misogynist, I am such a "woman" because I don't like his dear beloved leader or his BFF "teh awesome Cheney". Since I know he's not in the habit of complimenting me, I'm pretty sure he's using "Woman" as an insult - or is it a "construct" of an insult. I can't remember. I should add, for proper context, that he's not twelve. He's in his fifties.
Anyway, just pile this meeting with Sattar Abu Risha as just another example of why I think things are going horribly wrong under this administrations "leadership". Anbar is an example of how buying off local gangs - not success by surge - is changing things. The questions are: How long does the U.S. keeping buying support? What sort of intimidation and crimes are being committed against the local communities by these thugs? What happens when the U.S. inevitably pull that financial support after arming them to the teeth? - As in: "More than 90 percent of the weapons and supplies come from the American forces, beginning with personal pistols and ending with medium machine guns and rocket launchers."

Someone please tell me how this could possibly end well.

Update:
Oops - It didn't end well.

No comments: